Version 2.0.0 of Herald is now available!
This version features a breaking change, hence the major version bump. This is due to moving to our own domain name heraldprox.io.
Key features in this release include:-
- BREAKING change - moved to io.heraldprox.herald for the library
- Full Continuous Integration (CI) via GitHub Actions
- Now publishing artifacts to Maven Central and CocoaPods, as well as GitHub Packages
- Support for Swift package manager
- Added Nullable and other Kotlin flags for improved Kotlin app developer productivity and ease of use
- Using main instead of master for releases
- Website change to heraldprox.io, and all documentation updated with this link
- Code review, documentation fixes
- Baked in a workaround to a known older Android OS security gap in Bluetooth not fixes in the OS. Eases the burden on app developers
- Using a new approach to Pseudo Device Address generation that is both non blocking on older phones and prevents prediction of future addresses
For a full list of changes please see the release notes:-
We’re community driven,
so please come and join the Herald community and help us with deciding the
future of the Herald project!